In a day full of news devoted to the world of SoC like today, no one could miss the Preview on what will be the proposals of even distant generation 2016 2017 start end. in particular we refer to Helio X 30, the successor to the not yet released Helio X 20 by MediaTek.
Actually it is not entirely new, Helio X 30 by the time we got to find out already in August this year and, unlike than other SoC of equal “generation” (so any Snapdragon 830 etc.) should arrive slightly earlier, in the first part of the second half of 2016, although the timing is still to be confirmed. Instead, what we see today is closely linked to another recent announcement occurred by ARM and we refer to the presentation of high-saving core Cortex-A35.
As we have seen in recent months, Helio X 30 will use a particular architecture in 10 core divided like this:
- a high-powered cluster consists of 4 core Cortex-A72 at 2.5 GHz,
- a second cluster of medium power with 2 core Cortex-A72 at 2.0 GHz,
- a third cluster dedicated to energy saving with 2 core Cortex-A53 to 1.5 GHz
- Lastly, a final quarter high-saving cluster with 2 core Cortex-A35 at 1.0 GHz.
The main novelty therefore concerns the adoption of core A35 on SoC top MediaTek, which continues shipped for the road of deca core.
The meaning of such a solution, since Android supports it, is to discriminate much more effectively the work required by each individual task, so as to direct it towards the cluster can run it at its best, offering the right brute power only when required, and entrusting to solutions A53 and A35 all those routine tasks that do not require special services and that would lead to unnecessary waste in terms of resources and energy consumed. We conclude with a summary of the configuration of Helio X 30:
- 10 core architecture up to 2.5 GHz:
- 2 Cortex A-35 at 1.0 GHz
- 2 to 1.5 GHz Cortex A-53
- 0 GHz Cortex A-72 to 2
- 4 to 2.5 GHz Cortex-A72
- LPDDR4 RAM at 1600 MHz support
- ARM Mali GPU-T880 at 800 MHz
- EMMC 5.1 memories
- Cameras up to 40 MP with up to 8 MP 120 fps motion clow
- Production process at 16nm Finfets