Fishing and the mosquitoes always walked together, but when they involve dangerous diseases, prevention is key.
The yellow fever is there, just watch the news or read the newspapers. And the worst, it occurs in areas much sought after by sports fishermen. Beyond buzzing discomfort, itching or allergies caused by stings of horse-flies, piuns, gnats, “porvinhas” and others, it is essential to protect ourselves properly against the diseases transmitted by mosquitoes. Places like the basin of the rio Negro, whose waters have a high degree of acidity and impede the reproduction of most of the mosquitoes are dangerous to health, are exceptions.However, many fishermen who go to this or other regions without danger of contamination may eventually pass through areas of risk. Therefore, prevention starts with a search for information determined the route of the fishery, and by the knowledge of the main diseases that can turn leisure into danger and concern.
>> Malaria: is an infectious disease, acute or chronic, caused by protozoan parasites of the genus Plasmodium, and transmitted by the bite of mosquitoes of the genus Anopheles. The “ailment” or “febre terçã” hits, per year, at least 300 million people in the world, causing the death of at least 1 million.
> Occurrence: in Brazil, the main area of risk is the amazon, where they were registered, according to the Secretariat of Health Surveillance, more than 540 thousand cases in 2006.
> Prevention: to pass or stay in regions of risk (always populated by humans), always take the following care, remembering that there is no vaccine against malaria:
– Keep in the fishing box a good insect repellent;
– Use mosquito nets during sleep;
– Give preference to light clothing with long sleeves, always of bright colours. Mosquitoes are usually attracted to darker colors;
– The main zones in the mosquito Anopheles feeds are dawn and dusk. During these periods, cover the largest part possible of your body, mainly legs, arms, and neck. A little bit of repellent on the exposed parts will resolve the problem;
– If you you bring a high fever and intemintentes a few weeks after a fishing trip in the Amazon, those who have scheduled time, requires a “test blade”, commonplace in the north region of Brazil, but uncommon in the south.
>> Yellow fever: is a infectious disease, acute, of short duration (maximum 10 days), caused by a virus that occurs in the Central and South Americas, and Africa. According to the place of occurrence and the species of the vector (the mosquito), it is classified as wild (genera Haemagogus and Sabethes) or urban (Aedes aegypti). Since 1942 there are no reports of the occurrence of the urban framework which runs the risk of change. In January of this year, were confirmed in at least twelve cases of the disease, with eight deaths.Remember that the Aedes aegypti is, also, a transmitter of dengue fever, this including in urban centres.
> Occurrence: are classified as the areas the states of Acre, Amazonas, Pará, Mato Grosso, Roraima, Amapá, Rondônia, Tocantins, Maranhão, Mato Grosso do Sul, Goiás and the Federal District, plus parts of the states of Piauí, Bahia, Minas Gerais, Sâo Paulo, Paraná, Santa Catarina and Rio Grande do Sul. A large part of these states are destinations for fishing, which explains the high incidence of fishermen who have already caught the disease.
> Prevention: it is quite simple, represented by the effective vaccine against yellow fever.
– The vaccine is free and available in the health posts at any time of the year;
– It must be applied 10 days before travel, and is valid for 10 years.
– Attention: the vaccine is contraindicated in pregnant women, imonudeprimidos (people with weakened immune systems) and people allergic to egg yolk.
How Dangerous are Spider Bites?
Is a bite from a non-rabid dog dangerous?
Orlando Jimenez fighting for life after being bitten by …
brown recluse bite 10
Are Bed Bug Bites Dangerous?
Dangerous Dog Complaint headed to Trial on December 20 …
Wolf Spiders: Poisonous And Dangerous
fire ant bites, 2 days afterwards | andrechinn
Who, What, Why: How dangerous are tick bites in the UK …
Putnam County Considers New Dangerous Dog Ordinance After …
5 Types of Bug Bites You Should Never Ignore
Deadly New Spider Species Swarm Town In India Reaction …
Best 25+ Mosquito bite infection ideas on Pinterest …
The ‘most dangerous dog police had ever seen’: Japanese …
World’s Deadliest Spider Bites! EP. 62 : 5 Weird Animal …
Outbreak of venomous spider forces school shutdown …
Top 10 Most Painful and Deadliest Insects Bites of all …
It’s all about Life!: A cat’s bite (is it dangerous?!)
Identify the 10 Most Common Bug Bites in North America and …