A few hours ago we knew the improvements that were going to get to the Chamber of the Nexus 5 with Android 4.4.1, a new version that Google has just officially announced, Deploying from today its update via OTA for these devices.
As we have seen, the minor update of Androd 4.4.1 (KitKat) for Nexus 5 It improves the camera to add a faster approach, especially in low light, faster get the white balance to get more real colors, less shutter lag and the possibility to zoom in mode HDR +.
Now in 1/3 of a second you can take a photo in HDR +, mode ideal for snapshots where there is a large contrast between dark and light areas of the scene and also in low light situations. On the official website of Nexus in Google + show us examples of improvements.
The update to Android 4.4.1 It will arrive progressively to the Nexus 5 over the next few days. Probably in the next few hours the file being filtered from the OTA for update manually. It is unknown the rest of novelties and improvements. Android 4.4.1 will also come the Nexus 4 and Nexus 7 but without improvements in the camera.
How to upgrade manually
- 5 nexus: Update to Android 4.4.1 (KOT46E) from 4.4 Android (KTR16M)
To manually update we need to have the Android SDK and our Android device drivers installed and follow the steps:
- Download the file that we appropriate update.
- Save the zip file in the folder of Android SDK Platform-tools.
- Connect the device to the computer.
- Turn off the phone and turn it on at the same time hold volume up + volume down + Power to enter the bootloader.
- Enter the Recovery mode with the help of keys volume to change option and the Power button to access.
- When it appears an icon with an exclamation point press volume up + Power at the same time.
- Select apply update from adb.
- Write the command adb sideload next to the name of the update from the terminal or command prompt window from your computer. For example:
Once installed the update just have to restart the device. This process will leave the device updated to respecting our data since it is what I would do the OTA automatically.