Google in addition to update Android 4.4.1 Nexus 5 today to improve the camera, has also begun to progressively update via OTA to the Nexus 4 y Nexus 7 LTE, Although it is unknown what the news, surely bug fixes and optimizations.
Have also published the source code of Android 4.4.1 (KitKat), which as you can see and download from the official repositories of the Android Open Source Project, which will be in a few days to leave first ROMs with this new version of the operating system for mobile devices from Google.
The update file to the Nexus 4 y Nexus 7 to Android 4.4.1 already is available for download and install manually, so who do not want to wait for the update them automatically during the next few days can manually update.
How to upgrade manually
- Nexus 4: Update to Android 4.4.1 (KOT46E) from 4.4 Android (KTR16S)
- 5 nexus: Update to Android 4.4.1 (KOT46E) from 4.4 Android (KTR16M)
- Nexus 7 LTE (2013): Update to Android 4.4.1 (KOT46E) from 4.4 Android (KTR16S)
To manually update we need to have the Android SDK and our Android device drivers installed and follow the steps:
- Download the file that we appropriate update.
- Save the zip file in the folder of Android SDK Platform-tools.
- Connect the device to the computer.
- Turn off the phone and turn it on at the same time hold volume up + volume down + Power to enter the bootloader.
- Enter the Recovery mode with the help of keys volume to change option and the Power button to access.
- When it appears an icon with an exclamation point press volume up + Power at the same time.
- Select apply update from adb.
- Write the command adb sideload next to the name of the update from the terminal or command prompt window from your computer. For example
Once installed the update just have to restart the device. This process will leave the device updated to respecting our data since it is what I would do the OTA automatically.