The oven has multiple features that combine ease of use and security. He may have only one mode of cooking or be multifunction and combine convection, grill, rotating or even heat the steam.
1 Oven Cooking modes
Ovens offer different methods of cooking adapted to the culinary habits of each. According to the mode of spread of heat, cooking times are multiple.We can choose to preheat, bake one or several dishes at the same time, and even combine several functions.
Works with 2 resistors: 1 upstairs and 1 downstairs.
The resistances heat the air in the cavity and the air heats the food.
This system allows a level baking.
Multifunction brewed air
Works with 2 resistors: 1 upstairs and 1 downstairs associated with 1 fan on the back of the cavity.
The heat is brewed by the fan and spread evenly in the cavity.
- Allowscooking on 2 levels, without smell or flavour mixture.
- Allowsa more mellow cooking to avoid their drying.
- Allowsa more frugal cooking: glow 30% faster than with a natural convection oven.
Works with 3 resistances: 1 upstairs, 1 downstairs and 1 additional circular, coupled with a fan at the back of the cavity located inside the wall.
In addition to being “brewed”, heat can be “pulsed” by additional resistance. The heat spreads quickly and evenly in the cavity.
- Allows cooking on 3 levels, without mixture of smell.
- Allows a cooking at lower temperatures. Foods are more tenderand projections on the walls of the oven are reduced (less cleaning).
- Allows a more efficient cooking:warm up 2 times faster than with a multifunction brewed air oven.
Works with a water tank and a generator of steam.
Not only it steamed, but it defrosts, warm and serves as an incubator, a very useful feature to inflate the cakes.
There are three types of steam ovens.
- Low pressure (-40 to 100 ° C) oven, it allows to cook vegetables and fish.
- High pressure, oventemperature to more than 100 ° C for food heat resistant.
- Dry, steam ovenespecially used for keeping food warm.
Good to know: ovens have many options simplify the cooking dishes. For example, the thermostat is pre-programmed sets alone program (duration and cooking temperature) according to the weight and the type of food to cook.
2 Modes of cleaning an oven
The oven cleaning is simplified through pyrolysis and Catalysis processes that Act automatically. A regular oven cleaning is a guarantee and contributes to the longevity of the unit and the assurance of healthy cooking.
In a catalysis oven, the walls are covered with a porous enamel which offers no adhesion for fat. Cleaning takes place during cooking, from 200 ° C. Therefore, no cleaning is necessary if it is a coup sponge from time to time. This system is less greedy energy than pyrolysis.
Good to know: you need to clean the windows and grids apart. Catalysis does that clean the walls.
The pyrolytic function heats the oven to a high of about 500 ° C temperature. Dirt were then reduced to ashes, just pick it up with a sponge. This system extends the life of the oven.
There are often 3 programs according to the level of dirt (economic, medium and intense).
Some ‘smart’ ovens recommend a pyrolysis cycle when necessary.
Good to know: pyrolysis occurs outside the cooking time and this for 1-2 hours.
The smooth enamel wall allows a manual cleanup with a produces special oven maintenance.
You can also turn to products more ecological and economic as the baking soda to dilute with water to form a paste to apply.
Tip: for recalcitrant tasks, it is advisable to let the product Act overnight.
Good to know: never use the scraper to a sponge, this can scratch the enamel of the walls and damage.
Combined steam/conventional resistance ovens include a cycle of automatic steam cleaning and descaling function.
Simply pour a cup of water in a cavity provided for this purpose at the bottom of the oven.
Once the door closed, the steam cleaning process is activated for about 20 minutes.
At the end of the cycle, there are more to collect in the bottom of the oven dirty water passing a cloth soaked with a few drops of lemon juice.
3 Opening the door of an oven
The type of the door must to adapt best to the kitchen Setup and usage of the oven.
- Hatch: door classic, allows easy access from the front.
- Side:more convenient for the ovens arranged in height. Possibility to change the opening direction of the door (left or right).
- Drawer:less direct access to the oven but more safety (no risk of tipping of the grid).
- Retractable:direct access inside the oven without risk of burning, the door disappears completely when opening.
- Lift:ideal for small kitchens to save space, the door opens at the same time in the oven.
Good to know: “warm” or “cold” is a real guarantee of security for children. Double, triple or quadruple glazing the component allows to avoid the risk of scalding: particularly useful when the oven is positioned under the work plan. Maintenance is easier when the windows are removable.
4 Energy consumption
The energy efficiency class is determined from the energy consumption of the device of ‘A’ to ‘G ‘.
- A corresponds to aless than 0,8 Kwh consumption
- G corresponds to a consumptionsuperior to 1.8 Kwh
The ovens don’t work continuously. Also, the choice of the class guarantees a low power consumption without affecting the result of cooking and allow to lower the power consumption of the device.
Good to know: consumption of household appliances on average 50% of the electricity bill. Energy class A +, it’s 25% additional savings compared to a class A.