From 12 June to 13 July 2014 found the World Cup place. The championships will be held in Brazil. The country will play the opening match on Thursday, June 12th at 22:00. The days and times for all other competitions can be found in the schedule.
For the 20th time the world championships are held. In 2014, Brazil is the home country, the country that was already the champion five-time world champion. The choice of Brazil was announced on 30 October 2007 in Zurich by FIFA. There were no opposing candidates more: Colombia and Argentina had already withdrawn. Make the tournament 32 countries participate. The races are from June 12 until 13 July. The finals are played at the Maracanã stadium in Rio de Janeiro. In addition to the stadium, where 95,000 football fans can watch a game, there are 11 different arenas. The stadiums have a capacity of 40,000 to 95,000 thousand people.
- Europe, Netherlands, Belgium, Germany, France, Britain, Portugal, Greece, Italy, Croatia, Netherlands, Russia, Spain, Switzerland, Bosnia and Herzegovina,
- Africa: Algeria, Ghana, Nigeria, Ivory Coast, Cameroon
- Asia: Australia, Japan, South Korea, Iran
- Sydamerika: Brasilien, Argentina, Ecuador, Chile, Colombia, Uruguay
- North and Central America: Costa Rica, Honduras, Mexico, United States
The organizing committee announced on December 6, 2013 through a lot of group formats. The draw took place at the Costa do Sauipe in Brazil’s Bahia state. Been curious about the draw for the World Cup 2018? In July 2015 will take place in Russia in St. Petersburg, the draw for the qualifying tournament for the World Cup 2018.
The group formed in 2014 is as follows:
December June-26 June
June 28 to 13 July