After so many delays with respect to other devices of Google update OTA for the Nexus 4 Android 4.4 (KitKat) finally began arriving to this model, but that if, as usual in a staggered fashion, so within a few days will not be available update for all devices.
The users of the Nexus 4 that do not want to wait longer can manually install this update of Android 4.4. There are two upgrades, one for devices with Android 4.3 and another for those who installed the first factory of Android 4.4 image.
How to upgrade manually
- 4 nexus: * update to Android 4.4 (KRT16S) from 4.3 Android (JWR66Y) * upgrade to 4.4 Android (KRT16S) from 4.4 Android (KRT16O)
To manually update we need to have the Android SDK and our Android device drivers installed and follow the steps:
- Download the file that we appropriate update.
- Save the zip file in the folder of Android SDK Platform-tools.
- Connect the device to the computer.
- Turn off the phone and turn it on at the same time hold volume up + volume down + Power to enter the bootloader.
- Enter the Recovery mode with the help of keys volume to change option and the Power button to access.
- When it appears an icon with an exclamation point press volume up + Power at the same time.
- Select apply update from adb.
- Write the command adb sideload next to the name of the update from the terminal or command prompt window from your computer. For example
Once installed the update just have to restart the device. This process will leave the device updated to respecting our data since it is what I would do the OTA automatically.